Skip to main content

Delays to response times: It's taking longer than usual to answer calls and myIR messages. You may be able to use self-service options in myIR or on our self-service line, 0800 257 777. You can also find information on our website by typing in what you want to do in the search bar. Thank you for your understanding. Log in to myIR

Cost of Living Payment The Government has announced a Cost of Living Payment, which will be paid from 1 August 2022. You do not need to apply for this payment. If you are eligible, we’ll pay it into your bank account. Find out more

Complete this form if you had a bright-line property sale during the year and you're showing the income from the sale in your tax return. 

You need to complete this even if you include the income in your Financial statements summary – IR10.

Before you start

You’ll need:

  • the property title number (this is on your land title)
  • dates of purchase and sale
  • the sale price.

In myIR, go to your income tax account panel

This is on the homepage once you've logged in.

Select 'More...'

Then select 'File or amend a return'. This is under 'Payments, refunds and returns'.

Select your Individual income tax return - IR3

You complete the bright-line property sale information return as part of your income tax return.

Select the IR833 option within the return and fill in the details of your property sale.

Log in to myIR

You can post us a paper form instead.

Print and attach your completed property sale information form to your income tax return. 

Send it to:

Inland Revenue
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045


Last updated: 07 Jul 2021
Jump back to the top of the page