If you want to be removed as a registered intermediary, you will need to contact us. We will ask for:
- your name and IRD number
- the date you want to stop being an intermediary from
- the reason why you want to be removed.
Losing your intermediary status
There are some situations that might result in us removing your status as a registered intermediary. This could happen if:
- you or a key office holder no longer meet the requirements to be a registered intermediary
- you have less than 10 clients
- you are a tax agent that fails to meet our agreed filing requirements.
We will try to resolve any issues that affect your ability to be an intermediary. A formal review and assessment may take place when an issue is found.
What will happen
Once your intermediary status has been removed, we will:
- let all of your clients know that you are no longer a registered intermediary
- remove all intermediary links between you and your clients
- remove any access you had to your clients accounts.
If you were a registered tax agent, we will also:
- remove your clients' extension of time on current and future periods
- remove the disbursement account link to your customers, where present.