Skip to main content

Delays to response times: It's taking longer than usual to answer calls and myIR messages. You may be able to use self-service options in myIR or on our self-service line, 0800 257 777. You can also find information on our website by typing in what you want to do in the search bar. Thank you for your understanding. Log in to myIR

Cost of Living Payment The Government has announced a Cost of Living Payment, which will be paid from 1 August 2022. You do not need to apply for this payment. If you are eligible, we’ll pay it into your bank account. Find out more

An extension of time (EOT) arrangement allows you to file later than the normal due date. You can request an EOT as an individual or for trusts and companies. 

Before you start

You will need to let us know:

  • your IRD number
  • if you are from overseas
  • why you are requesting an EOT
  • whether the EOT will be for you or your business
  • which period you are requesting the EOT for
  • when you expect to have filed by.

Send us a message in myIR

You can ask for an extension of time arrangement by sending us a message in myIR.

Login to myIR

You can also call us to organise an extension of time arrangement.

Contact us - general enquiries

Jump back to the top of the page