You need to register with us as an employer as soon as you start employing.
Before you start
- the IRD number to be registered
- your contact details
- your BIC (business industry classification) code
- the date you start employing staff.
In myIR, go to 'I want to...'
Select 'Register for new tax accounts'
You'll find this under 'Registration, applications and enrolment'.
Fill in the registration form
Fill in your details including:
- contact phone number
- your address
- bank account details
- BIC code
- employment details.
Submit your registration
Check your information is correct then select 'Submit'.
Log in to myIR
What happens next
After you've registered as an employer, we'll send you a letter with information about:
- keeping wage records
- making deductions from PAYE income paid to employees and contractors
- completing and filing employer returns
- paying the deductions to us.
If you do not have myIR, you can download and print the Employer registration form.