Before you start
You will need your income details.
In myIR, go to your income tax account panel
This is on the homepage once you've logged in.
Select 'File or amend a return'
This is under 'Payments, refunds and returns'.
Select your Companies income tax return - IR4
Follow the prompts to complete your return
- Select your income types.
- Enter the required information.
- Complete any additional forms that apply to your situation.
Our Companies income tax return guide - IR4GU will help you.
Log in to myIR
If you do not have myIR you can download and print the tax return form.
If you used our paper form you may need to file some additional returns.
You must file a Tax sparing disclosure return - IR486 if your company has claimed a foreign tax credit for a tax sparing arrangement under a double tax agreement.
File a tax sparing disclosure return IR486
Group investment funds
You must file a Group investment fund return - IR44E if:
- your fund is not a designated group investment fund as defined in section HR 3(6) of the Income Tax Act 2007
- your company's fund's income is only Category A, or a combination of Category A and Category B income.
Trans-Tasman imputation and imputation groups
You must file an Annual imputation return - IR4J if:
- your company is an Australian company that makes a Trans-Tasman imputation election
- you are the representative of an imputation group.
If you need to file a return for past years you can download the forms below.