Skip to main content

Queen Elizabeth II Memorial Day, Monday 26 September Our phone lines and offices are closed, but you can still get in touch with us. Find out more

Delays to response times: It's taking longer than usual to answer calls and myIR messages, including for unclaimed money. You may be able to use self-service options in myIR. You can also find information on our website by typing in what you want to do in the search bar. Thank you for your understanding. Log in to myIR

Changes to the myIR login screen are coming You will not be able to use myIR between 1pm Saturday 8 October and 8am Monday 10 October. This is so we can update our external authentication system. From Monday 10 October the myIR login page will have a new look and feel, but the login process will not change.

Before you start

You'll be able to update 1 or all of the following details.

  • If you've got back together with the person you pay child support to or receive it from.
  • Children who are leaving your care or who are no longer qualifying children.
  • Your dependent children.
  • Recognised care, either adding or changing it.
  • Any other changes you want to tell us about.

Go to your child support account

You'll find your child support account panel on the homepage in your myIR account. 

It will say either: 

From the account panel, select 'More...'

Go to 'Child support change of circumstances' then select your change type

Follow the prompts to enter the requested information.

Log in to myIR

You can also fill in a Change of circumstances - IR116 form to tell us about changes for your children.

Sign the form and send it to us at:

Child Support
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045

Make sure to attach any documents needed to support your completed form.

Child support - contact us

What happens next

If there are changes to your payments, we will send you a new Child support to pay or Child support entitlement letter. If you're registered for myIR, you'll receive this electronically, otherwise we'll send it to you by post.

You can see new payment details in myIR.

See my child support payments

Choosing a type of child support

My responsibilities

As a child support customer, you must always remember to:

  • tell us about changes
  • check your information
  • keep up with payments.

Was this page helpful?

What did you like about this page?

Please tell us how we could improve this page?

Thanks for sharing your opinion! Your feedback has been received.

Sorry there was an issue submitting your feedback, please try again later.

Last updated: 14 Jul 2021
Jump back to the top of the page