Skip to main content

Delays to response times: It's taking longer than usual to answer calls and myIR messages, including for unclaimed money. You may be able to use self-service options in myIR. You can also find information on our website by typing in what you want to do in the search bar. Thank you for your understanding. Log in to myIR

Te whakamutu tangohanga KiwiSaver Stop KiwiSaver deductions

If you have reached the age of 65, you have become eligible to withdraw your KiwiSaver savings.

You can stop your KiwiSaver deduction from your salary at any time after turning 65. This decision is optional.


Before you start

You will need your:

  • name and IRD number
  • employer's name and address.

Fill in the Non-deduction notice KS51

Hand your completed form to your employer

If you do not know your employer's name and address, ask them to add it for you.

What happens next

Your employer will stop your deductions from your next pay.
Last updated: 28 Apr 2021
Jump back to the top of the page