If you’re having a baby you may be able to get the following support from us:
- Paid parental leave - payments towards the loss of income when you take parental leave
- Best Start payments, year 1 - all families with new babies are entitled to $65 a week for the baby's first year
- Best Start payments, year 2 and 3 - depending on your income you may be entitled to Best Start in your child's second and third year
- Working for Families - payment for families with children 18 and under
- Child support - when you are not living with the other parent of your child.
If you currently pay or receive child support, or you get Working for Families, you may need to update your details. If you’re a customer of both, you need to update your details in two places in myIR.