Skip to main content

Delays to response times: It's taking longer than usual to answer calls and myIR messages. You may be able to use self-service options in myIR or on our self-service line, 0800 257 777. You can also find information on our website by typing in what you want to do in the search bar. Thank you for your understanding. Log in to myIR

Cost of Living Payment The Government has announced a Cost of Living Payment, which will be paid from 1 August 2022. You do not need to apply for this payment. If you are eligible, we’ll pay it into your bank account. Find out more

Not sure if you need to deduct tax when you pay a singer, actor, or other entertainer? Our 'guided help' article below helps you find out how the rules apply in your situation.

How do I deduct tax when paying an entertainer?

As a person hiring an entertainer, you need to determine whether you are responsible for deducting tax from your payments to the entertainer.

For tax purposes, an entertainer is someone who performs in public or in front of a camera.
loading component...
Last updated: 20 Apr 2022
Jump back to the top of the page