Skip to main content

Queen Elizabeth II Memorial Day, Monday 26 September Our phone lines and offices are closed, but you can still get in touch with us. Find out more

Delays to response times: It's taking longer than usual to answer calls and myIR messages, including for unclaimed money. You may be able to use self-service options in myIR. You can also find information on our website by typing in what you want to do in the search bar. Thank you for your understanding. Log in to myIR

Changes to the myIR login screen are coming You will not be able to use myIR between 1pm Saturday 8 October and 8am Monday 10 October. This is so we can update our external authentication system. From Monday 10 October the myIR login page will have a new look and feel, but the login process will not change.

There are 3 ways to register for Working for Families payments.

  • Register in myIR.
  • Complete our online form.
  • Call us. We process your registration the same way we would if you used myIR or our online form.

If your child is a newborn you can register their birth, apply for an IRD number and apply for Best Start in SmartStart. If you want us to check if you're eligible for the other types of Working for Families payments, you'll need to provide further information to us once your Best Start application has been processed.

If you do not have a newborn you can register for Working for Families in myIR.

You do not need to apply again if you have had Working for Families payments in the past. It's easy to restart your payments in myIR.

Last updated: 28 Apr 2021
Jump back to the top of the page