If any of the following situations apply, you can update the details in myIR.
- You've had a baby.
- A child has entered or left your care.
- We sent you a letter about your child turning 18.
- You want to let us know your child is financially independent.
You can also update your shared care arrangement.
In myIR, go to your Working for Families account
Select 'Family and income details'
Under 'Children' select either:
- 'Add child' and enter all the required information then select 'Next'
- 'Update' next to one of your existing children to tell us about any changes for them.
Under 'Period of care' select the pencil to edit and enter the date they:
- left your care
- became financially independent or
- if they're over 18 the date they left school or a tertiary institution.
Select 'Next' and make any additional changes
Submit your changes
Log in to myIR
What happens next
Once you've updated your child's details we'll let you know of any changes to your Working for Families payments.
You can see new payment details in myIR.
You can send us a message in myIR or call us.