Skip to main content

Delays to response times: It is taking longer than usual to answer calls and myIR messages, and to process some COVID-19 Support Payment applications. This is because of the impact of COVID-19. If possible, please contact us through your myIR account. Log in to myIR

Budget 2022: The Government has announced Budget 2022, which includes changes to child support payments. Find out more on our Tax Policy website

Budget 2022: The Government has announced a Cost of Living Payment, which will be paid from 1 August 2022. You do not need to apply for this payment. If you are eligible, we’ll pay it into your bank account. Find out more

To use self-service, you need to set up your voice ID, so we know it's really you calling us.

Voice ID  

Self-service is available on all our 0800 numbers or by calling Self-Service directly on 0800 257 777. All 0800 options offer Self-Service 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. If you're using an 0800 number to self-serve, there is no wait time.

Self-service options let you:

  • activate your myIR accounts
  • add or change a bank account
  • add or change an address
  • confirm a personal tax summary (PTS)
  • find out about gross wage PAYE totals if you're an employer
  • find out about recent child support payments
  • find out your tax refund for the current and last tax year
  • find out the total of upcoming provisional tax payments
  • find out who your KiwiSaver provider is
  • find out your IRD number
  • find out your prescribed investor rate PIR
  • get an account balance – including student loans
  • make a credit or debit card payment - including for multiple account types and instalment arrangements
  • order a paper form or return
  • register as an employer for goods and services tax (GST)
  • request a KiwiSaver suspension, if enrolled for 12 months or more
  • request a personal tax summary (PTS) for the 2017 and 2018 tax years
  • request a summary of your income
  • request an Individual income tax return - IR3
  • reset your myIR passwords.

New self service options available for Child Support: 

If you are a voice ID verified child support customer you can: 

  • find out how to apply for Child Support and compulsory deductions 
  • find out your next payment date and amount you are due to pay 
  • find out the amount you need to pay if you have an outstanding balance and no arrangement to pay 
  • update your bank account details (updates in real time)  
  • make credit or debit card payments for any account type including for late payments (fees apply) 
  • if you have a child turning 18 in the calendar year, you can confirm if they are still at school (applies for Working For Families too) 
  • get account balances 
  • find out about different ways you can make payments
  • request forms and guides 
  • update address details

Additional services for overseas Child Support customers:

  • find out if you are under a Services Australia or Hague arrangement and how to contact that authority if you want to set up a payment arrangement
  • get a default assessment and give evidence of your income (including advising to complete an IR104 and submitting via myIR)
  • pay Child support via Credit card in self service (fees apply)

Self-service in myIR

There are many self-service options available in myIR.

Log in to myIR

Last updated: 25 Jun 2021
Jump back to the top of the page